- J-CAN monthly meeting - Tuesday 8 January,
8.00 - 9.30 pm at the Town House, New St, St Helier.
Energy White Paper; Transport Policy; Energy audits; Campaigns
and Activities; J-CAN website and newsletter
- Upcycling (sewing) - Thursday 10 January, 6.30 - 9.00 pm at the Harbour Gallery, St Aubin. New creative ideas for 2013? Come along and enjoy MAKING something, professional advice, chat and laughter. It is important that you book in with Kirsten, so that she knows approximate numbers, via Facebook, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- J-CAN talk: Electric Cars: The Future for Jersey?
- Tuesday 15 January, 8.00 - 9.30 pm in the Members’
Room, Société Jersiaise, Pier Road, St. Helier. Kevin Sharpe of
Zero Carbon World (
will talk about the importance of electric transport in a
low-carbon strategy, and the particular relevance of electric
vehicles to an island such as Jersey.
- Green Drinks - Thursday 17 January, 7.30 - 9.00 pm
at the Town House, New St, St Helier. Start the New Year with a
quiet drink, chatting with like-minded and friendly people, in
front of the open fire. What could be better?
- JiT Talk: The big picture and YOU - Saturday
19 January, 7.30 - 9.00 pm in the Cafe, Communicare,
Quennevais Rd, St Brelade. A talk by James Williams. James was a
friend of the late John Seymour and helped John on some of his
projects. He also worked at the Tibetan Farm School, set up to
teach Tibetan refugees subsistence farming. James became a
follower of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and meditated at least an hour
every single day for over thirty years. He bought a nine acre
property in Hereford and grew crops using the Bio Dynamic
method. In his talk James would like to share a point of view
that is not commonly held. He now lives in St Brelade, with his
wife of over fifty five years and is a keen organic gardener.
- Open Meditation - Wednesday 23 January, 6.00 - 6.40 pm under cover at Liberty Wharf, or outside in Liberation Square if the weather if fine. Thirty minutes of silent meditation followed by ten minutes of sound bath - please bring your voices, singing bowls, chimes. Bring a candle, bring your own cushion or stall for sitting. Everyone welcome, all ages, from every path, experienced in meditation or not.
- JiT General Meeting - Wednesday 23 January, 7.30 - 9.00 pm, in 'The Boardroom', The Town House, New St, St Helier. Minutes of the last meeting are attached here, as always. Everyone welcome.
- JiT Filmnight: Home (2009) 93 mins. - Saturday
26 January, 7.30 - 9.30 pm in the Cafe, Communicare,
Quennevais Rd, St Brelade. Moving and visually stunning footage,
all shot from an aerial perspective. Yann Arthus–Bertrand shares
with us his sense of awe about our planet and his concern for
its health. "In the past 200,000 years, humans have upset the
balance of planet Earth, a balance established by nearly four
billion years of evolution. We must act now... The price is too
high." A symphony of beautiful music throughout written by
Monday, 7 January 2013
JiT in January
There is plenty going on below to stimulate any Beginner's Mind. We continue to look for positive, fun and practical things to do, to sow the seeds and tend the shoots of a kinder, more skilful, more resilient and more self-reliant island community.