The filmnight this month has a money and business theme. If you've ever wondered where all the money goes, or if there don't seem to be enough hours in the day to earn it, spend it, and pay all the bills, there might be some vital information for you in one or more of the three films. As usual, there'll be two short films starting at 7.30 pm (don't be late), followed by a 20 minute tea and chat break before the main feature starts. And of course, there's more tea and chat afterwards for those who want to mingle.
- Grow your own fruit and veg - Tuesday 2 July, 7.30 - 9.00 pm at La Source, Le Mont Vibert, St Ouen, JE3 2DS. Christine says: We should be really starting to see the result of our labour by now, lots of veg are ready to be harvested. http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=49.2371&mlon=-2.1865&zoom=15
- Eco-transport in Jersey - Monday 8 July, 6.30 - 7.30 pm at the Curiosity Coffee Shop, 14 Sand St, St Helier. This meeting is to inspire ideas and discussion into ways to improve and make our transport system more eco-friendly here in Jersey. All initiatives, and ideas, big or small, are welcome!! Its good to meet with like minded, eco-aware people, so come along. All welcome
- Jersey Climate Action Network (J-CAN) monthly
meeting - Tuesday 9 July, 8.00 pm at Frances Le
Sueur Centre, Les Mielles, St. Ouen's Bay. Jersey Air Quality
Strategy and Action Plan (R.49/2013): to consider this
recently published report, and the links between air quality
and climate change. Campaigns and activities: to discuss
campaigns and activities, including Transport Policy,
Renewable Energy, and Recycling.
- Occupy Love Meditation - Monday 15 July, 6.00 -
6.45 pm at Liberation Square, St Helier. Inspired by
last month's JiT Filmnight film, you are invited to join us in
Occupy Love Meditation: "Be the change you want to see in the
World" - Mahatma Gandhi.
18:00 to 18:30 - Sitting meditation, in your own style. This is entirely optional: we invite you to meditate on your heartfelt wish for well-being, peace and happiness for yourself and for all beings; breathing in love into your heart, breathing out love out from your heart; love for yourself, love for all beings. 18:30 to 18:40 - Optional sound bath: You can use any mantra or sound, for example, Om, Ah, Ong, Nah or any other sound that calls you personally. If you choose to move closer to one another, donate your physical presence, your positive energy and your voice. It's also a lot of fun and just sounds awesome to everyone around. You are welcome to come to the entire event or you can come for part of it. You can meditate the entire time, or you can chill and bask in the peace. Please feel free to bring your own cushion or stall for sitting meditation. Bring everyone! This is going to be a beautiful event that we will all remember! This is an event open to everyone, all ages, from every path, experienced or not. Let us come together as One Community. This is a movement that our entire world is creating together as one unified force to set the momentum for the future of our planet! "If you are a Buddhist, please come. If you are a Christian please come. If you are Jewish, Muslim, or belong to or identify with any other religions, creed or peace organization, please come. We shall learn together that wrong perceptions of self and others
are at the foundation of separation, fear, hate, and violence; and that
togetherness and collaboration is possible." - Thich Nhat Hanh
- Filmnight: Money as Debt 3 - Evolution Beyond Money
(2011, 62 mins) - Saturday 20
July, 7.30 - 9.30 pm at Communicare, Quennevais Rd, St
Brelade. Paul Grignon's film presents an attractive picture of
how money could work in the future. It is full of surprising
specifics for creating a nurturing economy using technologies
that exist right now. It demonstrates in simple terms why our
primitive concept of money as a "single uniform commodity" is
a root cause of dysfunction and injustice. The film
illustrates in extensive and entertaining detail how a
fundamental change how a fundamental change in our long-held
concept of money, paired with recent breakthroughs in
technology, opens the door to a liberated, self-balancing
global "money" backed by real value and open to all. Preceded
by Heart in Business and What the Economic Crisis
Really Means, two short films with different but similar
takes on the same subject. Free teas and coffees. All welcome.
- JiT General Meeting - Wednesday 24 July, 7.30 - 9.00 pm in 'The Boardroom', The Townhouse, New St, St Helier. This is where we plan and discuss, and hear 'News from the groups'. If you have ideas for events, activities, groups or campaigns, please come along. All welcome.
- Grow your own fruit and veg - Thursday 25 July, 2.00 pm. Meet in the car park of Durrell Wildlife Park, Les Augrès Manor, La Profonde Rue, Trinity. Christine says: I've arranged a zoo visit to look at how they grow the food for the animals. It's organic, they have polytunnels and sound pleased to have us. All welcome.
- Qi Gong Walk and Talk, Maz Heaney - Sunday
28th July, 11.30 am - 12.30 pm, tea and chat 12.30 - 1.00
at Les Platons. Directions: drive past Trinity Church past the
old Trinity Stores, take the next left , then next right, then
first left. Car parking on the left, Qi Gong on the ''lawn''
area on the right. The Qi Gong walk and talk is limited to 16
people, please message Maz on Facebook or email email@example.com to
register. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing,
depending on the weather you may need a sunhat or raincoat in
these unusual weather times. Chinese tea and chat afterwards
;o) Should the weather be really bad Maz will let people know
via Facebook or email. Qi Gong is an ancient Chinese exercise
system for health and vitality. Gentle movements are linked to
the breath and the flow of Qi. Qi is the Chinese word for ''
life energy'' and Gong means ''work'' or ''benefits acquired
through perseverance and practice''. The exercises are
designed to massage the internal organs enabling them to
function at their optimum whilst increasing the level of
oxygen around the body. Maz has been practicing Qi Gong and
Tai Chi for 15 years and has also visited China for further
- Green Drinks - Tuesday 30 July, 7.30 - 9.00 pm The Townhouse, New St, St Helier. No agenda, no hassle. Put your feet up among like-minded folk, and chat about the stuff that matters.
There is a worldwide 'United Global Monsanto Mega March' on Saturday 20 July. Quite a few of us joined the similar 'March Against Monsanto' in St Helier in May, and this will be bigger and better. I'm not sure what is planned in Jersey yet, but there will be more details on Facebook nearer the time.