- Thursday 5 July, 1.30 - 3.00 pm: Baking group. We make sourdough bread, banana bread, Irish bread, ciabatta, carrot cake, scones, etc. Potluck lunch usually included.
- Saturday and Sunday 7 and 8 July, 10.00 am to 6.30 pm: The West Show, West Show Association Field, off La Grande Route de St Pierre, St. Peter. JiT and J-CAN are jointly producing a stand with an emphasis on organic growing and local, sustainable agriculture. In particular we shall be showcasing the wheat organically grown at Vermont Farm by JiT member John Hamon, stoneground using renewable water power at Quetevil Mill by a combination of JiT and National Trust for Jersey people, and baked into delicious wholemeal bread and cakes by the JiT baking group. There will be free samples to taste. Do come along and find our stand if you're there, and if you possibly can spare the time, please add your name to the rota linked below to help man the stand for an hour or so during the weekend too.
- Monday 9 July 7.30 - 9.00 pm: Grow your own fruit and veg, Trinity Manor garden visit, Trinity Manor. Follow the directions to the steam museum from Queens Road. This is where group member Emma works and she says that the gardens are just looking their best right now. It is a private garden so please let us know if you want to attend as numbers will be limited to about 15.
- Saturday 14 July 1.30 pm: Jersey Organic Association Summer Meal, . Along with the Slow Food Movement, Jersey in Transition have been invited to the JOA summer meal. Bring a dish to share, as well as your own crockery, cutlery, drink and glass. If wet, in a polytunnel. Meet the chicks and chickens, and see where some JiT Make-and-Mend goes on too.
- Thursday 19 July 7.30 pm: Green Drinks, The Townhouse, New St, St Helier. Simple and unstructured, but an opportunity for serendipity and a force for good. Join us for a drink and chat.
- Saturday 21 July 6.30 - 10.00 pm: JiT Summer Celebration!!! The Cottage, behind Francis Cooke Gallery, Trinity Hill, Trinity. Summer picnic on private lawns. Ashika, the drumming band, will entertain from 7.00 to 8.00. Please bring food and drink to share, blankets etc to sit on, and your own picnic utensils. Alcohol is allowed. Unfortunately, there is no wet weather plan - so 'weather permitting'. This is the time to celebrate our achievements and our growing transition community in the island. Please do come along.
- Tuesday 24 July, 7.30 pm: JiT General Meeting, "The Boardroom", The Townhouse, New St, St Helier. The monthly meeting where we pull everything together and see what it looks like. All welcome.
- Saturday 28 July 7.30 pm: Film night: The Power of Community: How Cuba survived peak oil, St Brelade's Youth Club, Communicare, Quennevais Rd, St Brelade. This film tells of the hardships and struggles as well as the community and creativity of the Cuban people during their difficult time. Cubans share how they transitioned from a highly mechanized, industrial agricultural system to one using organic methods of farming and local, urban gardens.
For details e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.facebook.com/groups/170814399606615